Private Speech and Language Therapy services in Greater Manchester by professional and friendly therapists.
The Owl Centre provides private Speech and Language Therapy in Greater Manchester. The types of difficulties for which speech therapy can be provided include:
If your child's speech is difficult to understand, we can provide an assessment that will look at the pattern of errors. Then we can advise you for you to decide if you'd like therapy and / or a home-based programme of exercises to work on.
Your child may have a number of incorrect sounds or a difficulty with just one sound, such as 's' – like a lisp.
A number of questions will be asked to try to find the reason for your child's speech difficulty. Possible reasons include a hearing difficulty, reduced oral motor control, or the cause may not be known.
Your child may sound immature when they talk, using shorter sentences and very basic vocabulary for their age.
Your child may have a stammer / stutter, and they may be struggling to get their words out. This may appear as a block, a prolongation of a sound, or a repetition of the initial sound or word.
Poor attention and listening
Your child may have poor attention and struggle to stay focused, and may need exercises to help keep them calm, focused and ready to learn.
Difficulty with social interaction
Your child may have difficulty understanding how to interact with others or how to understand the rules of social situations, such as turn-taking, following routines and rules, playing with others, etc.
If you or someone you know has questions similar to those below, The Owl Centre might be able to help you.
It might be comforting to know that The Owl Centre’s Speech and Language Therapists are vastly experienced, and have successfully dealt with a wide range of issues which, for a parent, can be daunting and worrying. Here is just a small sample of the kinds of questions that parents often ask:
- My child has speech delay. Who is the best person to help us?
- My child has difficulty in properly articulating his words and therefore is difficult to understand. Is there a way to help him speak clearly?
- My child has a stammer / stutter, which is making her self-conscious. How can we fix this issue? Will therapy help?
- My child has a lisp, which isn’t a big problem but it would be good to remedy it. Are you able to help with such issues?
- My child finds it difficult communicating and interacting appropriately with other children. Is there a way to help him make friends?
- My child seems to be falling behind his classmates and isn’t attaining the same standards in subjects such as reading and writing. Is there a way to help improve his understanding?
- My child has difficulties eating food, and meal times are often very tricky. Is there a way to help improve her feeding?
Our Speech and Language Therapists cover the whole county, including (but not limited to) the following places:
- Old Trafford
- The Lowry
Please click here to find information about our Speech and Language Therapists who provide private speech and language therapy services in and around Greater Manchester.
To discuss how we can help with speech and language therapy services across Greater Manchester, please contact us.