Private Dyslexia teachers in Oxfordshire.
Dyslexia assessments and tuition are offered by the Owl Centre's specialist dyslexia teachers in Oxfordshire
The Dyslexia teachers at The Owl Centre in Oxfordshire combine expertise and experience with a friendly and sympathetic approach to the children and parents they see. They also have links with the NHS to ensure a seamless continuity for clients who have received NHS assessments or therapy.
Sarah Reed. Cert.Ed; PG Cert.SpLD; AMBDA.
Sarah worked as a primary school teacher in mainstream schools for some time before undertaking postgraduate training in all aspects of special needs education and dyslexia. She has worked in Gloucestershire and Oxfordshire as a SENCo and Inclusion Co-ordinator assessing children’s needs, recommending learning targets and devising programmes of study.
Sarah takes small group sessions and 1:1 teaching with children with dyslexia, dyspraxia, dyscalculia and autism. Working closely with teachers and teaching assistants, she gives advice on individual children and helps with ways to overcome their difficulties in the classroom. She enthusiastically endeavours to build self-esteem and help children reach their own targets and potential with emphasis on what a child can do rather than their difficulties, approached with a positive attitude.
Sarah can offer:
- A full assessment including phonological skills, visual and auditory discrimination and memory, verbal and non-verbal reasoning, sequencing and all skills that may go to making a dyslexic profile.
- Unpicking any problems a child may have with reading, writing and spelling.
- Writing a comprehensive report giving recommendations for future action.
- Liaising with schools/parents to suggest suitable intervention programmes and work that can be carried out by a teacher or teaching assistant.
- Attending IEP meetings and Annual Reviews if required.
- Liaising with other professionals who may be working with the child.
- 1:1 tuition working on specific difficulties highlighted from the assessment.
Sarah has also done the Parent and Family Education Training, Training for Parent Educators and have run Parenting Courses for the Chipping Norton Partnership based on a programme from the Family Caring Trust.
Sarah has two adult sons, one of whom has Asperger’s Syndrome.
Alexandra Lord, Montessori Dip Ed, Postgraduate Diploma in Professional Studies in Education for teaching of students with Specific Learning Difficulties (Dyslexia)
Alexandra offers comprehensive and sensitive support and tuition across a range of Specific Learning Difficulties. This extends from Dyslexia through a range of other Learning Difficulties including Dysgraphia, ADHD and the Autism Spectrum Disorder.
After many years’ experience as a class teacher in pre-prep schools, Alexandra specialised in Specific Learning Difficulties and has taught in many of the leading local prep-schools including in a SENCO role.
Alexandra offers the following:
- Initial consultation or pre-teaching assessment
- 1:1 tuition or small group sessions
- Help with reading, writing and spelling
- Use of multi-sensory teaching methods
- Focus on Study Skills and exam preparation
- Building confidence and self-esteem
- Use of a wide range of resources and programmes including Alpha to Omega, Wordshark, and Tony Buzan mind mapping
- Liaising with schools and staff to suggest classroom strategies
- IEPs and development of bespoke learning programmes
Alexandra has three children one of whom is Dyslexic and has ADHD.
In terms of service provision, Alexandra can travel to the following places, amongst others:
- Ascott Under Wychwood
- Brize Norton
- Chipping Norton
- Long Hanborough
- Minster Lovell
- Shipton Under Wychwood
Profiles of the other Owl Centre therapists to follow soon.
Please click here to find more information about the private Dyslexia assessments and tuition services provided by our Dyslexia Teachers in Oxfordshire.